Friday, August 21, 2009

38 weeks WITH PROGRESS!

I turned 38 weeks on Tuesday, and I also had my doctor's appointment on Tuesday. We finally got some great news at this appointment! But nothing is set in stone yet.

Ever since Thursday's scare, I have been having a lot of menstrual type cramps. I have been having a few lower back pains with it, but nothing major. It wasn't that bad, so I never called my doctor to ask her if it was normal. I figured with the exams and all, it was probably causing the cramping. A friend of mine who had her baby in May said that her OB told her that if she started having cramping like that to call because it could be a sign of VERY early labor. I still didn't call though because she told me that on Monday, and my appointment was already scheduled for Tuesday.

So we get there on Tuesday and she does another internal exam. She told me that I am almost 1 cm dilated, and that I am starting to thin out pretty good!!! Nothing excites me more than that! I am ready to have this baby. So she tells us that next week she will think about inducing me if I don't go into labor on my own. My doctor has been an OB for almost 35 years. With Clay, I was induced at 38w5d because I had progress. She is the type that doesn't feel that any woman should be miserable for 2 extra weeks as long as she has progress. And babies are considered full term at 37 weeks. She also won't do it though until 38 weeks just in case her calculations of due dates are off. And she wouldn't do it if she thought that the baby wasn't ready.

So she told us to come in for our regular appointment on Tuesday, and that most likely she will do the induction on Thursday. She is already reserving our room in the hospital, so I don't think that she is going to back out on it or anything. She just wants to make sure that we still are doing good on Tuesday. Plus that will also put me a little closer to my due date. IF she does decide to go ahead and induce, we will go in the hospital on Wednesday night. She will put a cervical cream on my cervix to try and get me to go into labor on my own. If that doesn't work, then she will start the Pitocin drip on Thursday. So needless to say, I am excited about that! We had the same hypothetical scene with Clay, and it ended up going through. So most likely, we will be having this baby August 27th!

Here are the updates on Colt:

babycenter.com
0-40

I have pictures of my 36 week belly, and I will have Robbie take pics tonight of my 38+ week belly, and then I will post them together on a seperate blog.

Today has been a good day. I have been getting so much done, but still not enough to say that I have a clean enough house for me. But I am working on it. I have taken the kitchen curtains down (the ones that I can reach), and they are in the washer now. I have washed every piece of clothing in this house except for what Robbie, Clay, and I are wearing. I have washed all of the blankets. The sheets are going in soon. Once Robbie gets home from helping a friend, he is going to take the rest of the curtains down for me to wash. And I have also been working on a to-do list before next Tuesday. Not a lot of stuff on there, but it is big stuff that we don't do often. We need to take our comforters to the laundromat and get those cleaned. Robbie needs to clean the fans. Stuff like that. So we will have another busy week. Which is okay with me, because I want this week to go by pretty fast!

Okay, I will update with photos soon, and hopefully I will have an excellent update Tuesday!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment