I am one of those types of people that I have to have a list for everything that I do. I love to see things being marked off. I love to see things being accomplished. So in order to make my 2010 resolutions work, I decided that I needed to make a list. So that is what I have been working on today.
My first resolution was to start staying caught up on my housework. So I got on the computer and made a calendar for my household chores. I assigned certain things to certain days, and that will make it easy for me to go through and do those few things on the list. With doing these few things everyday, my housework should stay caught up.
The second thing on my list is losing weight. And I am working on that. Slowly but surely, this weight is going to come off.
The third thing on my list was getting these boys on a schedule. Clay is doing really well about going to bed at night. He still doesn't go to bed at 9 pm on the dot, but he is in bed before 9:15 every night. And even if he doesn't go to sleep, I am okay with that. He isn't getting out of bed and fighting with us to keep playing with toys. So every night we put him in bed with a book, and we let him "read" until he is tired and falls asleep. And it has worked for us! Now with Colt, I was going to start trying to make a schedule with him this past week, but he is sick with a head cold, and it just isn't working right now. So maybe this week or next week I can get that started.
My fourth goal was to get Clay potty trained. We are still working with him, but not forcing it. I will ask him a few times a day if he needs to go potty. If he says "No", then I will leave it alone. If he says "yes", then I take him and let him sit on the potty. But I don't get mad if he doesn't go. I let him sit there and try for a reasonable amount of time (about a minute or 2), and then I get him down. We wash his hands, and he goes about his business. He is getting to where he tells us that he needs to pee or poop, but when we sit him on the potty, he doesn't go. So maybe he is starting to learn that that is where it goes, but it just hasn't clicked yet. He is getting to where at night if he needs to go potty, instead of telling us (because we keep his bedroom door open, so he can come out if he needs to) that he needs to go, he takes his diaper off and pees or poops on the floor. Now we don't scold him for peeing/pooping in his diaper, but when he goes on my floor intentionally, I definitely get on to him. So now if we can just get him to put it in the potty, I will be happy. But it looks like we are getting somewhere.
So back on to my list making. I have so many projects that I want to do around the house. Cleaning, organizing, trashing, etc. So instead of making it into a huge project that I won't ever want to do, I am breaking it down into several different things. So every month, I am going to make a to-do list and try to have everything done by the end of that month. Then the next month, I will make a new list. And with it being a few big projects that I want done, I am being specific with my lists. That way it breaks it down and makes it less overwhelming for me.
I am excited about my lists! I can't wait to see things getting accomplished around here!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment