So today Clay was awesome! He wanted to watch movies all day. I don't normally let him have a whole day of watching TV, but I was in need of some quiet time. I wanted to get some things done on the computer, get some things done for our Superbowl party this weekend, and I wanted to get some housework done without constant interruptions. So I was happy to let him have "movie day". When it came to naptime, I told Clay that it was time to go take a nap. He told me "No. I want to watch my movie." Since he wasn't being bad or anything, and he wasn't whiny (which is the first sign that he needs a nap), I told him that he could stay up and go to bed early, or he could take a nap and go to bed at usual time. He said that he wanted to watch his movie. So I said "Okay. Then you will be going to bed an hour early."
Well at about 6 pm, I was about to get dinner out of the crockpot and get the gravy started, and I look over, and Clay is CRASHED! Hard. So Robbie and I decided to eat dinner just the 2 of us, and then we would wake him up to eat. So he got about a 45 minute nap in. So about 7:45 he is just beyond whiny. And Robbie said that he was going to bed. So we get him ready for bed. He finally crawls in bed about 8 pm, and he is whiny, tired, and now he doens't want to go to sleep. He is asleep now, but he STILL fought for at least an hour to go to bed. It is crazy! When he gets a nap, he fights for 2 hours. When he doesn't get a nap, he still fights. He probably would have continued to fight if Robbie hadn't gone in there and had a talk with him.
No matter what I have been through in my life, nothing compares to Motherhood. It is easy at times, but it is mainly hard. There is just no telling what will happen from one day to the next. But these 2 reasons make everything worth it!
Motherhood! Just a big ball of trial and error!

0 comments:
Post a Comment