Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The grass just turned brown.

Last night, Robbie called his Grandma and told her our situation with the dogs. He told her that we have been having problems with them snapping at Clay and at me when they get in trouble. We told her everything that has been happening lately and told her that we just can't do it anymore. We are having to compete with Clay and the dogs, and it is just going to be too much with bringing another newborn into the house. We have had Clay and them mixed for a little over 2 years now, and they still aren't used to each other. They still don't know how to act around each other, etc. And we just can't do it anymore. So his Grandma told Robbie that she would try and find them a good home along with us trying to find them one. She also told them that she was hoping that we would have kept them long enough so she could take them back when she moved back to Texas. She is living with her Mom (who is 91 yrs old) up North right now because her Mom is starting to not be able to take care of herself anymore. Robbie said "Well I thought that you told us you were going to be there permanately." And she said "Well until she dies or I die." Um okay.

So today they had an appointment at the groomers. Robbie asked the groomer if she knew of anyone that would want them, and she said no but that we could bring a picture to put up on the board. We figured that we could at least do that, but that we didn't want to just give them to anyone either. We wanted to find a good home for them and hopefully someone that we knew. Well about 3:30 pm today while I was snapping fresh green beans, Robbie's Grandma calls me. She says that she has found a home for them. The oldest son of her longtime friend wants to take them. He is an animal lover, and he has other dogs too. He also has teenagers so I am sure (or I would hope) that they know how to act around dogs. She gave us the phone number of her friend, and we were supposed to contact her and set up a time to bring them. So Robbie calls her at 3:45 and tells him that her son is coming over at 4:30 today, and we could just bring them then. And I know that I have wanted to get rid of them for a while now after that snapping incident at Christmas, but I just broke down crying right then. Even though our kids will always come first, and I will do anything to keep them from harm's way, I will miss those damn dogs.

We had them for 4 1/2 years, and even though they annoyed me, I still have a place in my heart for them. But I am REALLY glad that they went to a good home that his Grandma knows the person and keeps in touch with that person. She thinks of those dogs like she does her kids, so I trust her decision of where they are going. I am just going to miss them.

So I guess that I will find out here in the next week how much greener the grass really is on this side.

0 comments:

Post a Comment