Probably not. But I am still going to enjoy the feeling of nesting while it lasts. I know that it isn't really nesting right now, but I'll take it. Tonight Robbie and I are having an "in home" date night. Robbie is going to grill fajitas, and I am going to make homemade pico de gallo and guacamole. YUMMY! So today, we decided to go ahead and clean the house so that it wouldn't be weighing on our minds tonight. Instead of just doing our normal cleaning of vacuuming, kitchen counters, etc. we got in the kitchen and cleaned out cabinets. Not pots and pans. Not glasses. We went through the spice cabinet and cleared out anything that was expired. We went through the pantry and also cleaned out anything that was expired. Same with the fridge/freezer. There wasn't much to throw out, but we still went through and reorganized everything. I also have had my electric griddle on the top of my counter forever because we went through a pancakes for breakfast stage. We have been out of that stage for a while, but we never could figure out where we wanted to put it. We found a place for it, and now that is off my countertops. My counters are much more spacious now, and I am LOVING it!
Not only did we reorganize the kitchen today, but the other night we finally got into the nursery. We got Colt a toy box for his room, and we finally moved Clay's toy box into his big boy room. We went through the toys that were in Clay's toy box and put the younger ones in Colt's toy box and the older ones in Clay's. We put any toys that Clay never played with (younger or older) in a bag to give to Good Will as soon as it is full. We will keep going through stuff (cabinets, rooms, closets) and add to the bag that we have started until it is full. It is something that I have been wanting to do, but again, I wanted to wait until closer to my due date. While we were in Colt's room, we framed the pictures that we bought for his room, and we organized everything that we have for his room. I am hoping to get in that room again before my baby shower next weekend, but I am not sure if I will or not. There isn't much more that I can do to the room until I start decorating it. But I feel like there is something that I could be doing in there. I guess I will figure it out soon.
Next up.....our bedroom. UGH!

0 comments:
Post a Comment