Before I had Colt, I had decided that I was going to try and breastfeed for at least the first 6 months. I would like to go the whole year, but we shall see how I feel after the first 6 months. My only goal is to have him on breast milk for the entire first year. I can do that since I have a breast pump and I am pumping my milk now. It only last for about 6 months in the freezer, but I plan on using the milk that I am pumping now in case he goes to my Mom's or something.
Anyway. I bought 3 nursing bras before I had Colt, and then I decided that I would see how the breast feeding went before I bought anything more for it. Since I only pumped with Clay, and since I only was able to pump for 6 weeks, I didn't have the problem of breast feeding in public. I am usually pretty open with most things, but whipping my boob out in public is definitely not one of them. Even with family, I am pretty closed off with showing my boob. My Mom has been staying with us for a few nights this week, and I have been going in the other room to nurse Colt. And that is my Mom. So that shows how closed off I am with nursing in public. It is weird to me. I know that my boobs are feeding utensils right now to Colt, and that I am doing what is best for my son, but I just didn't know how I was going to do it.
Then I read a blog from Destiny.
She talked about something called a Hooter Hider, and I was interested. So I looked online at the site that she had linked with it, and I instantly wanted one. But I still wanted to make sure that I had breast feeding established with Colt before buying anything else for nursing. So on Monday after we took Colt to the doctor, we had to go to the hospital and get some lab work done for him to check for his mild case of jaundice. Before going into the hospital, I had to nurse Colt in the car. Robbie put up a blanket and made a little tent for me. Then we stopped by a friend's house so they could see Colt, and then we ended up going to dinner that night with them and my Mom and Clay. And again, I had to nurse in the car with a blanket forming a tent in front of Colt and me. And that is when I decided that it was time to buy the Hooter Hider!
So I did! I came home that night and ordered it, and it came in the mail today. Tonight my Mom is staying with us, and I decided to try it out. I am going to be taking Colt out in public more often and I want to make sure that I can maneuver myself and Colt with that thing on. So tonight I tried it out. I nursed in the same room with everyone else, and noone could see a thing. Colt was very quiet about it, and I was SOOO comfortable with nursing in front of people. It isn't something that I would opt to do if I didn't have to, but if I did, I now feel comfortable enough to do it!
So here is my Hooter Hider! And I bought the Yoko. I LOVE it!
So there you have it folks! A post all about my hooters :-)

1 comments:
I would not have survived the 7 months I have without one :-)
It feels a bit awkward at first trying to get everything positioned under it, but in a bit you'll be an old pro at it.
Glad you got one!
Post a Comment