So I hit 37 weeks on Tuesday which means I am a bit late in posting this. But we have had a busy busy week. I know. That is my excuse every time, but really, we have.
I went to the doctor on Tuesday. Everything was fine with Colt. She started the internal exams on Tuesday, and she checked my cervix. I had zero progress. I was actually pretty disappointed since I have been having contractions since for 2 weeks straight off and on, and then I have also been feeling him dropping. She said that even though he has dropped, he is still pretty high. So Wednesday comes along, and we went over to my Mom's house for a while. Robbie is working on building shelves and stuff in her garage and getting things better organized. Since we store a lot of Clay's old things there, we want to make sure that we pitch in with keeping everything organized. Well Robbie worked his butt off and got all of the shelves put together and put up, and then he got almost everything organized and up off the floors. It looks great!
While he worked, my Grandma and I sat and talked while Clay played. Around 3 pm I had to pee, so I went to the bathroom. I had a little bit of mucus on the toilet paper, so I figured that maybe a little bit of the mucus plug was coming out. I didn't lose it with Clay, so I had no clue what it was supposed to look like, but I have heard what it looks like, and that is what it looked like. After that, I noticed that I started having menstural like cramping, but again, nothing major. Nothing that would make me think that my body was starting to go into early labor. So that sucked. After I had that bit of mucus, everytime that I would stand up I would start getting dizzy. I would feel like I was going to throw up, and I just didn't feel good. My blood pressure was fine at the doctors office on Tuesday, and I didn't have any swelling on Wednesday to make me think that I was having any problems.
Well once we left there and got home, I went pee again about 6 pm, and when I wiped, there was blood on the toilet paper. So I called my OB immediately. Since it was after hours, I had to wait for her call back, but since she is awesome, it was only about 3 minutes after I hung up from her answering service. She told me to lay down and rest. She said that if the blood stopped or started turning brown, then to just come into her office tomorrow for her to check and make sure everything was fine. But if it didn't stop, then to call her back and she would meet me at L&D. She said that sometimes the blood can be a sign that the cervix is starting to open. So I layed down to rest, and about an hour later, there was no more blood. So I went into her office on Thursday. She checked my cervix, and there was still NO progression. The baby was fine, and I was fine so no worries there. She said that it was probably just from the exam that made me bleed.
So here we are again. 37 weeks which means that Colt is now full term! And I am still having contractions. Nothing major. So now the waiting game..........

0 comments:
Post a Comment