I don't know. I am not sure if we have hit the terrible 2 stage, or if we have hit the "I know something big is about to happen" stage. But either way....it is driving me absolutely insane! This morning was a great morning! Robbie had to work, and when Clay got up, I got up and cooked him eggs and toast for breakfast. We watched cartoons together, we played with toys together, etc. And other than having to spank him one time for talking back, he was great! Then nap time came. Clay laid down like a champ and went to sleep for 2 hours. Then he got up, and he ate lunch. And then hell broke loose. Since lunch time, I have had to get on to him, I have had to spank him, I have had to put him in time out, I have had to put him in his bedroom, and NOTHING is working! Everytime he gets in trouble, he talks back to me. Everytime that he finally gets out of trouble, he gets right back into stuff that gets him into trouble. And then we start all over again.
The last thing that got him in trouble was throwing his toys after I told him not to. And now that he is not throwing toys, I am having to take them away because now he is trying to break them. UGH! It is annoying. It is frustrating. And I am just done with it. Luckily I have the best Mom that is going to take him for a few hours tonight to give me and Robbie some "us" time. We had our last date night on our anniversary night, and I wouldn't even call tonight a date night. I just need a break from everything. I need a small break from being a Mom today. I need some time to just recollect my thoughts and reengergize before the rest of the week. This is possibly the last week that he is going to be my only child, and I want to enjoy it, but unless I get this much needed break, I will not be able to enjoy it because I am so frustrated with him right now.
He has always been a stubborn kid, but always a good kid too. He knows what he can and can't do at home. Or at other people's houses. But ever since we started getting Colt's room ready, he has started acting out so bad. He has started talking back to Robbie and me. He has started getting into things that he KNOWS he is not supposed to be in. We had finally gotten to where we could tell him no, and he wouldn't do it. Or he would start to do it, and all we had to do was partially stand up and he would stay away from it. And now it is back to square 1. We have to tell him over and over not to do something. Even after him getting spanked or in time out for whatever he is doing. It is ridiculous. I know that most kids act out when a new sibling is about to arrive, but my Lord! I never knew that he would be this bad. That he would act out like this. And we are trying to include him in everything that we do here at home for Colt. He helped me pack the hospital bag. He helps me put Colt's clothes away in the drawers. We let him help us decorate the room (to an extent). We let him talk to Colt every day/night. We try to include him in everything that is about Colt. And he will even be at the hospital (in the waiting room) while we are in labor and delivery. But it seems like all it is doing is making him act out more.
Hopefully within the next week or 2 when Colt arrives, he will be better. He was SO good when I was watching Ben, so I am hoping that once he realizes that Colt is here and what the big change is, that he will straighten up. I am praying that that is the case!
So to my Mom....thank you SOOO much for taking him for a few hours tonight! I love you!

0 comments:
Post a Comment