So we get to Chipotle around 2:30 and eat. After we leave there, we went to check in at the hotel. We get there, and it is just so pretty inside. We had reserved the King Executive Suite, so that gave us access to what they call the "Club Lounge". It is a lounge that is on our floor that our room key will open. It has a big screen TV, lots of tables and chairs, a computer area, and then it also has a bar/eating area. They serve snacks during certain hours of the day. And then they have breakfast there in the morning. They have sodas and bottles of water that are complimetary, and then they have achohol that you have to pay for. Since I am pregnant, we obviously didn't have any achoholic beverages. But we did take advantage of the sodas and water and grabbed a few of those for our room.
Once we got up to our room, we looked around and rested for a few minutes, and then we went wondering around the hotel. They have a rooftop pool and gym, so we went up there and took pictures. After that, we went into the lounge to see what it was all about. Then after that, we just went back to our room. Since we never stay in fancier hotels, we decided to make that our big thing for the night. When we DO stay in hotels, we sure don't take advantage of the movies or anything like that. But we decided that we would for our anniversary. So we got comfortable and rented the movie "Yes Man" with Jim Carrey in it. It was pretty funny. It was $13.99 for the movie, and once we selected to purchase it, the screen went into a fuzzy (but still watchable) screen. I didn't have a problem with it, but Robbie said that he wasn't paying $14.00 for a movie and it turn out like that. So we called the lobby, and they said that they were having problems with it right now, but that they were working on it and that if we wanted to continue to watch it, that was fine and they would take the charges off of our card. Since it wasn't that bad, we ended up watching it.
Pretty much all day we stayed in the room. But we weren't bored. So that was good. We thought about going to the steakhouse in the lobby, but then we decided against it. We ended up ordering pizza instead. So we ordered Dominos pizza, and they delivered it to the hotel. We went down to the lobby to get it, and then came back up to our room. After dinner and showers, we climbed in bed and ordered the movie "The Soloist" with Jamie Foxx. And if you have never seen it, please don't waste your time. I was bored for 2 hours straight. That was the worst movie that I have seen in a while.
The next day, we checked out an hour early and we went to lunch at Panera Bread. After lunch we went to see Harry Potter 6. I saw it with a friend before that, but Robbie hadn't seen it yet, so we went to go see that. After the movie, we went shoe shopping, and then we went to pick up Clay! We had a wonderful time for our anniversary. I took lots of pictures of the room and stuff, but I just posted a few here since I have so many.
The hotel from the highway
I got some pictures at night of Downtown Dallas, but all it is is a bunch of lights. I couldn't get a good picture through the window. And since it started raining that day, they closed the rooftop pool, so I couldn't go up there to take pictures at night. But we have all seen Downtown Dallas at night, so just picture it from the 27th floor!

0 comments:
Post a Comment