Not only do I have a headache from no caffiene, but I have a headache from no sleep. Colt is still trying to cut these first 2 teeth, and I am trying to keep from
Since being pretty tired today, I was really not looking forward to doing my workout. Also my Grandma came over yesterday and stayed last night and is staying tonight. I love having her here, but I am the type that does NOT like to workout in front of people. Even Robbie. I can't concentrate fully when I know that someone is watching me. The only time that I will workout with someone is if they are doing it with me. So gyms and gym classes don't bother me. Going to the track doesn't bother me. But working out in front of my husband bothers me :-) I love working out with Robbie though. In 2004 when I lost all my weight, we were going to the track every morning at 3 am to run (after he got off and before I went to work), and I loved it. He pushes me like no other person will. Anyway. Back on track....I ended up getting up and working out. I popped the DVD into my computer and worked out in our bedroom. So it worked out well. I didn't want to do it, but because I knew that I had to post about it, it got me up. So posting about my challenge IS helping!
Okay, on to what we had for dinner last night!
Beef Enchiladas! It is a recipe that my mother in law gave me (she got it from someone at work), and it is excellent! Robbie says that mine are WAY better than when his Mom makes them though. And it is because she goes way overboard with the chili powder. I put exactly what the recipe calls for, and that is it. But I'm glad to know that mine are better :-)
Here is the enchilada filling cooking.
I had cheddar cheese grated, and I put it on top (the right side). And I ran out, so I was going to grate some more. And I was out. Luckily I had some four-cheese mexican cheese in the fridge. That is what is on the left.
Now tonight I made PW's Pinto Beans and Jiffy Cornbread. I have to apologize ahead of time that I didn't get any pictures of before. After we finished eating, I told Robbie "Oh crap, I forgot to take pictures for my blog." And he said "Well I guess you will just have to say you didn't cook." I said "Oh heck no!" So these are the pictures that you get tonight....
The empty pan of cornbread. All of us like to put cornbread crushed up in our beans as well as on the side, so to have an empty pan is not a surprise. Thank God the beans are VERY low in calories. Like 40 calories for 1 cup. Not bad at all.
We did have a lot of beans leftover, so I just took some out of the crockpot to get a picture of them.
I am not sure what I am going to cook tomorrow night. We are going grocery shopping tomorrow, so maybe I will cook something that I pick up at the store tomorrow.
And with that, I am headed to bed. I think that Colt is finally asleep!!!! Until at least 2:00 am........

4 comments:
Linda, you need to know that a cup of pinto beans has around 250 calories. Dried beans are NOT a low calorie food, but they are low fat and high protein, especially compared to other protein sources. Green beans are low, only a few calories for a cup, but most dried beans are much higher.
Okay I just checked. Sorry it was 60 calories for 1/4 cup dry. But still pretty low in calories for a very filling dinner! :-) Thanks for the heads up ;-)
yes, especially in place of a meat course. Just wanted to make sure you knew so you didn't sabotage your eating plan!
Thank you!
Post a Comment